Monday, August 16, 2010

Everybody's Fine

Since I have so much free time in the evening now that my bf is back in his homeland, guess I will be watching loads and loads of movie and probably finish up season 2 of Gossip Girls.

I watched Everybody's Fine last night. I have to have that it's a really touching movie. I love 'normal' movies because I can relate to you. It is real. Not to say I dislike sci-fi or horror or investigation, but 'normal' family movie does have a different touch on human's heart.

The story is about a father who just lost his wife, and has 4 chilren. They are all working in other part of The States. The paint a perfect picture for the father that they are having a great life with a great job out there. It started with the children bailing out from a family gathering and the father decided to give all of them a surprise visit. Then all the truth about their lives unveil in front of him.

He was a father that gave a lot of pressure on their children to be successful, hence at the same time, the children choose not to reveal the truth to him in order to not disappoint him. ALl in all, the father realize that it doesn't matter the success of their children, as long as the can sit together at a table, and be happy just the way they are.

This is definitely a movie a lot of children and family that relate to: pressure from family, lonely father, guilty children.

An all star cast by Robert De Niro, Drew Barrymore, Kate Beckinsale and Sam Rockwell.

Just one piece of advice, remember to prepare your tissue supply in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment