Monday, October 12, 2009

Super duper long public holiday!

It was the China Golden Holiday whole of last week. When they say golden, it is really really something precious. It’s a full on 8 days of public holiday back to back ok! Most we can get in Malaysia is 2 days (Raya, CNY) and that also we are so happy with it. So you can imagine my excitement when I found out that we get 8 days public holidays! (No jealous jealous guys)

My friend Josephine came to visit from the 1st to the 5th Oct. Nice nice, someone to keep me company!
Well I was suppose to be the host, since I am living here right, but she knows the place more than I do (she stayed in Shanghai for 1 month), so she ended up bringing me around. So paiseh.













Josephine and me, taking a cab.

Ok, even though she knows the place, but it is still not like she knows it damm well. So most of the time before we leave the house, I will be surfing the net looking for ways to get to this location etc. And seriously, it can be pretty frustrating. Because of some inaccurate information, we actually ended up at different parts of the world. Ok not so serious, but yes we did get lost once. Maybe more than once. ;P

So at times when we need help, we call “our new best friend”. Who is she? Hehe...

Me: Aiyo, some said here got fireworks today, some said don’t have. How to know who is right
and who is not? Don’t they have like a tourist hotline that we can call to find out about this
tourist thingi?
Jo: I think they do. (search search search and got the number)
Me: (Dial the number). Hi, can I know where do you have fireworks today?
Then, I was just expecting her to give me one place that has fireworks today, but the operator gave me one venue, and another, and another and another. She gave me 6 venues in total ok! I think there are more because I stopped her. And those are venues within my area, so can you imagine how many venues are there in total in the whole of China.

Since the hotline is so helpful, so me and Jo ended up calling them every single time we need help, from how to take a cab to a certain place, to which subway stop is the nearest etc. Yeah, our new best friend. :)

So anyway, we did lots of stuff la, not too many as well if you think of it actually.
Details will be coming up!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment